So you are into data science and the next step is to apply AI in your business?
You will need an AI specialist, someone that, like a data scientist does, is able to identify how AI can be applied to your business and what the state of the art is.
This person will make the entire company understand and properly execute the enormous business potential of automating cognitive tasks via AI (machine learning) while mitigating the risk of wasting money on experimentation.
- Identify the best AI (machine learning) use cases aligned to the company situation, market and product/service requirements as well as AI technology matureness.
- Understand make-or-buy decision implications (benefits and risks), especially on internal/external processes, (marginal) costs and next AI technology shifts.
- Identify the best suited AI provider in this field including technical diligence.
- Plan proper execution of external providers or internal developer teams.
- Coach the stakeholders and project teams to accumulate relevant knowledge for next AI projects.
Software Ate The World, Now AI Is Eating Software. - expert Olaf E.
The AI specialist needs to consider very different perspectives to coach companies effectively in the fields of AI/ML:
- Understanding the business and management side as well as telling the difference between standard and more advanced AI/ML approaches that might be too early for proper implementation at large scale.
- Make sure the company gets the highest commercial and strategic benefits from applying Machine Learning use cases.
- Educate the stakeholders about realistic benefits, current provider and technology status as well as future shifts to be expected in the field of AI and Machine Learning.
Data is the gold of the 21st century, and data scientists are the miners. Not every day, but sometimes they come back home with pockets full of gold. - expert Denys H.