Business Intelligence Consultant to facilitate better business decisions
Business Intelligence is a term that has been around for several years and it refers to the function that provides data solutions to better inform decision makers when they need to give answers to the most important business questions. A Business Intelligence consultant will build upon the regular reporting provided by Management information systems by analysing these questions and putting the insight in the hands of business decision makers.
A Business Intelligence consultant probes the business to uncover the questions that generate the right understanding of how processes work and analyses the best sources of data to answer them. The value of a BI consultant is to understand and provide what a business user needs not simply what they ask for.
What are the achievements areas of a Business Intelligence consultant?
- Increase in execution of revenue growth opportunities
- Better understanding of customers, leading to personalised experiences
- Better understanding of resource utilisations leading to efficiencies
- Definition of common terms and locations (single source of the truth) increasing confidence in the accuracy, applicability of data to decision making, consistency of communication with data in a business
- Consolidation of multiple data sets to gain new insights
Business intelligence unlocks the value of your data, opening up a world of insight and opportunity
How can a BI consultant help a company?
- This role provides specialist knowledge in how to extract value from data
- Hiring a BI consultant allows the business to focus on running it rather than the distraction of trying to pull data together
- A BI consultant should facilitate the bringing together of business decision makers, the data and tools to answer business questions
Why do you need to hire a freelance BI consultant?
- Hiring a BI consultant is a positive investment in wanting to understand how your business works, uncovering opportunities and realising efficiencies.
- Value comes in taking the guesswork out of decision making.
- Without a BI consultant decisions can take longer and be based on less accurate information.
- A business intelligence consultant will help ensure consistency across the language with which you talk about data.