This opportunity has been closed.
The position is no longer available. We will continue to work to offer you better suited opportunities.
DescriptionOur client, a global innovation and engineering consulting is looking for an Application Planning Expert for a long-term project at Riyadh.
- Report to Strategy and Financial Planning Director.
- Define application strategy and road maps incorporating new technologies, validating these applications, determining the most optimal approach in deploying these applications.
- Assessing applications, their benefits, challenges, mitigation as well as its implications within a network.
- ·Driving the application eco-system in line with industry best practices and standardization blueprints.
- Analyzing performance reports, applying business intelligence analytics and ensuring application pain points are identified and mitigated.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial planning/CAPEX of application enhancement and optimization initiatives.
- Advice, support and provide an expert opinion on T&O including technology planning, financial planning, optimization and value-maximizing.
- Interprets application requirements financial impact, propose application and cost-benefits analysis, guidance and support, necessary for continuous improvement.
- Do scenario planning, build business cases and run simulations and sensitivity analysis to assess the value and profitability of technology investments as well as their impact on the applications.
- Ensure providing support in the development of the financial overview, review budgets and financial statements.
- Review and develop application eco-system plans to ensure consistency and avoiding overlaps and duplications.
- Consolidate optimized application eco-system blueprints into T&O annual budget; build three years’ financial projections.
- Ensure all proposed strategic initiatives are supported by a sound Business Case in collaboration with Business Architecture, Application and Finance.
- Coordinate and laisse with all concerned stakeholders to ensure appropriate Applications are built including optimizing CAPEX requirements.
- Support management in the right application architecture decision as well as appropriate migration strategies.
- Conduct variance analysis identify all deviations and root-causes and responsibilities.
- Assessing the achievement of submitted business case post-implementation.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards.
- 10+ Years of relevant experience
- Understanding of application technologies across all telecom network landscape encompassing OSS/BSS as well as NFV/containers
- Understanding of application standards and business models such as TMForum, TOGAF, ITIL, COBOLT etc.
- Good understanding of application security principles and standards
- Good understanding application programming languages such as Java, C, C++ etc.
- Good understanding of scripting languages such as TCL, Python etc.
- Good understanding of markup languages such as XML/WSDL, HTML etc.
- Good understanding of application transport protocols such as HTTP, SOAP, IIOP etc.
- Good understanding of management protocols, SSH, FTP, Netconf, SNMP etc.
- Capable of building application roadmaps and strategies to enhance application eco-system and mitigate pain points
- Capable of collaborating with multiple stakeholders to define and determine a cohesive, efficient and future proof application strategy
- Scenario Planning
- Requirement Engineering
- Good understanding of FCAPS, reporting and analytics
- Good understanding of the industry trends for future infrastructure blueprints
- Good understanding of automation, API as well as aware of future trends such as AI, Intent based provisioning etc.
- Ability to create compelling presentation slide package and deliver an engaging presentation to stakeholders and executives.
- Masters / MBA, PhD in Software engineering /Computer Science
- Bachelors in Software engineering/Computer Science
- TOGAF, ITIL, CIW, Java EE, Java SE, RHSCA, Virtualization and SDN certificates such as from Redhat, Openstack, etc.
Get a quick view of our unique benefits