This opportunity has been closed.
The position is no longer available. We will continue to work to offer you better suited opportunities.
DescriptionOur client, a leading telecom provider with operations across Africa and the Middle East, is looking for a General Manager for the strategy department.
The mission of the Group Strategy GM is to translate the Group’s overall long-term Strategy and ensure that the implementation of key strategic initiatives are aligned to the overall long-term Group Strategic Plan.
The Key Tasks are:
- Drive the strategic, scenario planning and exploring diversification and cost management strategies
- Facilitate the strategic planning process and provide input into the business planning process
- Monitor and review the implementation of strategic initiatives across the group
- Ensure integration of strategic initiatives into budget and business plan
- Manage daily operations of the strategy unit
- Support the Group COO in proposing strategic alternatives to the Executive Committee (Exco) and assessing and approving Opco strategies
- Ensure that reports are provided to Exco on the execution of strategic initiatives
- Maintain relationships with external industry experts
- Identify and recommend profitable growth strategies
- Structure and lead strategic initiatives and cross-functional teams to deliver on selected strategy projects
- Facilitate the “strategic” dialogue across all OPCOs to ensure that there is a 360° approach to strategy and the company’s strategic positioning
- Scan the market for appropriate and relevant “partnership” or acquisition prioritization
- Evaluate market size, competitor accomplishments and industry structures
- Create business plans for all new company subsidiaries and business ventures
- Previous experience in a management consulting firm as a senior manager or principal
- 6 up to 8 years of experience
- Extensive experience in the Telecom industry
Get a quick view of our unique benefits