Hi A.R.M. Asiqun, last week I wrote a post on Likedin you could find interesting. Althogh it was written in spanish I am sure you can find a proper translation
There are massive opportunities to explore during the COVID days. It is needless to say that it is the right time to transform as a “true digital” company. Think on these lines:
1. Fintech/Digital payments (DCB, mWallet enabling countless payments)
2. Edtech - online learning and education platforms. Telcos can provide zero rated or discounted data packs for local/international edtech players
3. Automation and IoT - multiple B2B and B2C use cases here ranging from industrial automation, security, tracking, smart devices and more
4. E commerce - no brainer for telcos to enable payments, invest, partner
5. Health - insurance, telemedicine, e commerce, consultation/expert advisory and more
6. AI/ML - predicting infections, learning consumer behaviors during such times and much more
7. Video conferencing, gaming, digital entertainment
8. Cloud - XaaS
Hi Juwad, You are absolutely right. We are entering into new era of ICT.
One thing you can develop is a framework for remote work and offer it to the companies. With a framework I mean
- tools to use, different options for different company size, and how to use those tools.
- technical assessments: what a company needs to have their employees working remotely in terms of infrastructure, bandwidth,…
- People skills, working remotely is not only about tools and infrastructure but also about practices to follow: shared calendars, videconference behaviours,…
I hope it helps.
This is a good summary https://now.trustonic.com/covid-19-impact-brief
Hello, A. R. M. Asiqun. First, we are living the first outbreak of COVID; more will come, as it happen a century ago with a comparable virus. I will put focus on Telecom companies. They have a strong footprint in a specific territory, where then can take advantage from the “new normal” and expand the value proposition to broader services; some are more natural, others less natural to them.
A previous answer lists 8 categories that mix most of these opportunities. It is crucial to understand how a Telco company can deliver a new service, to existing and new clients, ASAP. My answer is, clearly, through acquisitions and partnerships with relevant players of each specific business.
To have a map of these relevant players and to foster new value propositions to them is critical. We know all companies are more opened than ever to listen to a new approach to the market. A bold, consistent approach to them is required and, for sure, is a great opportunity that only the fastest will monetize.
Keep in touch.
Since Travel has been restricted and Remote support has been promoted, Can you look for some opportunities where we can support on
- IT Resources. ICT but not limited to IT infrastructure, clod Virtualization, Data science, AI, ML, 3D Animation,NOC/ SOC for Telecom. DevOPs/ IP telephony
- Business Development/ Relationship Management
Dear A. R. M. Asiqun,
I’m going to keep it simple. The Telcos just have to further insert themselves into the new routine of their subscribers. Telcos come with the advantage of having been in the hands of their customers, what they need to do is to insert themselves into the key “behavior” of their customer.
1. Ask your self, what are the emerging primary “Behaviors” of the society.
2. Break the behavior down into its components
3. Facilitate this behavior via telco technology in a unique and sustainable way that can be monetized without negatively impacting your current products and revenue stream.
One key point you should keep in mind is the effect of COVID on societal interactions and engagements, once this is understood, the answers towards the role telco can further play will be readily available.
You said it very well. Fully agree with you.
The interesting bit is also “the effect of COVID on societal interactions and engagements”. I think it will take months, if not years, to fully realise the impact because society has inertia and changing habits is a slow process.
We live in great times of change !
This will mark this comment as best reply and close your question.
Are you sure?
This will close your question without a Best reply.
Are you sure?
This will report this content as inappropiate to the moderators.
Are you sure?