Financial modelling – the corporate value driver
Financial modelling is a representation in numbers of a company's operations and intended investments in the past, present, and the forecasted future. Such models are intended to create financial transparency and visibility in order to be used as decision-making tools.
Company executives might use them to estimate the costs, revenues and projected profits and value contribution of existing operational units or proposed new projects, e.g. a CAPEX investment, an acquisition (M&A) or an OPEX optimization.
Financial models are used to estimate the value contribution of a business, a project or to compare businesses to their peers in the industry. They also are used in strategic planning to test various scenarios, calculate the cost, revenue or savings contribution of new projects, decide on/ prioritize budgets, and allocate corporate resources to maximize company value.
Financial transparency and visibility - the no. 1 corporate value driver
What are the key purposes within the financial modeling discipline?
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Financial Controlling
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Financial Market Research
- Comparable Company Analysis
- Project Management/ Project Appraisal
What are the achievements areas of the financial modeler?
- Create a basis for better strategic and operational decision-making (e.g. Green- and Brownfield projects, ‘Make or Buy’ decisions, M&A valuations, cost optimization projects).
- Develop and optimize financial planning, monitoring and controlling processes and tools (prospective, current and retrospective analysis).
- Support a more effective and efficient budgeting cycle.
- Optimize the budget allocation driven by company value considerations.
- Develop a robust financial planning framework Including scenario and risk analysis.
- Support quantification of mitigation plans.
How can a freelance Finance modeler help companies?
- Apply better financial transparency and visibility
- Increase company value based on prioritized investment and budget allocation
- Driving profitability through operational cost optimization
Why and when you need to hire a freelance Financing modeller
Ensure Instant readiness (Plug ‘n’ play)
Bring in best practices with regard to following financial modelling purposes:
- Three Statement Model (Integrated financial model consisting of resulting Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model
- Comparable Company Analysis (Peer comparison)
- Merger (M&A) Model
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model
- Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model
- Sum of the Parts Model (Synergy Model)
- Consolidation Model (Group level view of consolidated subsidiaries)
- Budget Model
- Forecasting Model
- Option Pricing Model
- Other/ Customized Project Model
Bring in modeling experience/ expertise from different companies' (peers)
Find and hire the best and most qualified Financial Modeler freelancers through Outvise and pay only for the time / project you need.