This opportunity has been closed.
The position is no longer available. We will continue to work to offer you better suited opportunities.
DescriptionOur client, a leading telecom provider with operations across Africa and the Middle East, is looking for a Senior Assurance Engineer to ensure effective management of all major technology projects.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide post-sales support and maintenance of key client networks, with the help of Customer Implementation team(CIT)
- Provide effective network support (Technical ) and put forward recommendations regarding the client network
- Participate in core network functions where they have an indirect impact on existing client services, and assist in network failures
- Provide input for Service Level reporting on core and customer
- Update clients on regular basis, on technologies, and network. (fixed of once every 6 weeks meetings)
- Understand customer business and technology needs and input into the development of solutions
- Establish and maintain quality standards that will enhance the customer experience and cost efficiency
- Contribute towards continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level, providing input and recommendations into ways of fine tuning systems and processes in line with changing work practices, and operational effectiveness
- Minimum 4 years experience in ISP working environment, which should encompass
- Network related experience, which includes routing protocols, such as BGP, ISIS, etc
- Project management exposure
- working within Enterprise arena , as a provider
- UNIX based systems
- Cisco and Cisco technologies and products
- Juniper and Juniper technologies
- VOIP includes ACME, Broadsoft, SIP, ATA, Audiocodes, Quintum
- Fibre infrastructure and technologies
- Network Transmission exposure beneficial
- GSM exposure ( GGSN/SGSN)
- South African citizen