I’m creating a restructuring framework for managers after an acquisition. I’d like to brainstorm some actionable risk management steps that I should include on it. Can you share some?
Get access to
Get support from a specialized
Telco, media and Digital experts
and expert content.
DescriptionOur client, a leading Telecom operator in Middle East, is looking for an IT Operations Application Expert.
- Governance, quality, administrations, maintenance, operations of IT Applications (ESS, BSS, OSS), system, data and database infrastructure supervising, deployments and optimization of (but not limited to) customer relationship management (CRM) software, Billing applications, mediation, comptel, BMC, telecom applications in alignment with the organization, group roadmaps.
- Contribution to the governance, quality KPI / SLA monitoring of the IT Enterprise applications and database (Oracle, Microsoft SQL and MySQL) infrastructure evolution towards convergence, best practices advancement, next generation IT Infrastructure trends and alignment of IT investments plus infrastructure design with the business goals of the enterprise.
- Improvement of application systems availability and disasters endurance, from operations perspective administration, maintenance, governance, quality , supervising deploying the Ooredoo Oman IT enterprise Network Systems which includes all the ESS, BSS & OSS systems not limited to databases, CRM, Billing, BMC, Telecom applications, Mediation,etc.
- 5-7 years of experience as Application Expertise and Administrator (ESS, BSS & OSS).
- Knowledge and proven experience of: Customer Relationship management / Enterprise Resource Planning application/ Database management/ Data ware Housing.
- Knowledge in .Net based applications/ Java based applications.
- Understanding of Telecom applications.
- Ideally have additional knowledge and skills in general telecommunications technologies.
- Good knowledge in windows and Linux OS administration.
- Knowledge in Database integrations and reporting systems.
- Knowledge in IIS, Microsoft SQL and Oracle database systems.
- Certifications: Microsoft MCSE/ MCP professional certifications/ .Net based certifications/ Java Certifications/ Oracle/ Microsoft/ ITIL.
- Bachelor degree in
computer science, Diploma or information systems or equivalent.
DescriptionOur client, a leading Telecom operator in Middle East, is looking for a System Architect and Designer.
- Prepare and maintain overall IT systems architecture in alignment with and to support business strategy.
- Work closely with IT / Business Leaders across all lines of business to develop business aligned reference architectures; establish global standards and future-state application roadmap, and drives design to achieve global IT objective.
- Leads technology design structuring for end-to-end technology landscape inclusive of: Web, Mobile, Social, ERP, and end-user productivity technologies.
- Develops systems specifications through requirements gathering, research, analysis and direct contact with business units.
- Plan for enterprise architecture and target reference architecture for IT.
- Develop pragmatic, commercially feasible solutions, considering all functional as well as non-functional requirements e.g: performance, capacity, accessibility, security and usability.
- Map business requirements to functionalities, perform gap analysis and provide solutions for customer business requirements.
- Integration of critical systems with other critical systems
- Achieve SOA strategic goals/benefits within IT architecture.
- Resolve escalated technical issues, using influence, negotiation, and a deep understanding of the technology and people involved within agreed timelines and priorities.
- Graduated from electrical, software engineering or similar
- 8+ years work experience, 5 of which in IT enterprise architecture for telecom.
- Proven track of managing IT transition strategy
- Proven track of understanding digital transformation & agile demand model with IT
- Excellent analytical skills
DescriptionOur client is a growing and dynamic team with a digital start-up feel, but with a solid 10 years of operation. They are looking to disrupt the online lottery service space globally, with a mobile-first approach, and are seeking a similar, like-minded digital marketer who would be excited to help take their brand to the next level.
This role requires someone with at least two years of Project Management experience, within a digital marketing environment. In this role, you’ll be bridging the gap between marketing, design, tech and delivery.
The candidate will be planning and managing the delivery of marketing projects including the continued development of app, website, landing pages for ppc, social, seo and generally their customers digital experience.
This role is on a contract base but with possibility for a permanent role.
- As this is a new internal role you would be required to help set up this function internally.
- Playing a lead role in overseeing the delivery of marketing and development projects - set out in OKRs, using platforms such as jira and gtmhub to help deliver.
- Project management across all work streams, developing critical paths and schedules to meet timings and deliver on objectives
- Creating / aiding briefs to be developed, to ensure delivery
- Managing project progress; updating clearly and effectively to all stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to ensure clear communication and consistency and execution of tasks
- Supporting and influencing others to ensure productivity and results
- Managing the internal delivery and when required outsourcing as well - helping to manage the workload
- Develop internal processes across functions to improve workflow and quality of output where necessary
- Troubleshooting issues throughout the team
- Continuously improving all aspects of team performance, both on a personal and group level.
- Proactively communicating with senior stakeholders in a regular and timely manner.
- Maintaining a positive and gracious manner, and a can-do attitude.
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management.
- Proven Project Management skills showcasing organized and skilled management across multiple work streams & various methodologies.
- A broad understanding of all digital marketing channels.
- Ideally worked within an agile SCRUM environment - using platforms such as Jira / Trello.
- The ability to run multiple, diverse work streams collectively.
- An innovative and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Working with a fast moving e-commerce b2c product / service / APP would be preferable.
- Comfortable working within gambling.
- Experience with paid social ads is valued.
DescriptionOur client is a leading manufacturer of furniture, for indoor and outdoor usage. Currently we are looking for a management consultant to support the digital transformation of the company.
- Experience in Management or Business Consulting in digital space
- Experience in process redesign
- Experience in IT system deployment is welcome
- Good understanding of digital business models, especially marketplaces
- Manufacturing industry knowledge is nice to have
- Fluent in Spanish
- Good understanding of the wholesale business
- Solid fiber related experience
- Hands-on product management experience
- Knowledge of the Irish / UK market for product development and partnership development is valued
5 tips on how to design a chatbot
Do not pretend to be a human:
Customers need to know that they are interacting with a robot, otherwise, the user experience might be frustrating.
Regardless of how good the speech recognition and generation capabilities of your Chatbot are, for sure your Chatbot will face unknown scenarios and the possibility he replies either in a too generic way, or even worse, all over the place, is unfortunately not remote. Moreover, when humans know that the interaction happens with a robot, they automatically become more tolerant and gentle (there is no point, for instance, to get angry with a machine!).
Do not overpromise:
Estate clearly and right away what the Chatbot can do. Users should naturally know what to do when interacting with the Chatbot
Some customers will start testing your Chatbot with the most original sort of questions. It is important that your Chatbot knows to say “no” (of course in a charming and polite fashion), but even more critical is to clarify the tasks that he can help with.
Use sentiment analysis to detect poor engagement or frustration and take action (often the best strategy is to hand over to a human agent)
There is a whole new area called emotional artificial intelligence, dealing with the capacity of machines to learn to understand human feelings and adapt their responses to satisfy their needs. This is for sure opening up a range of fascinating opportunities. Human beings proved to be not especially skilled when it comes to understanding emotional triggers, getting even worse during online interaction. On the other hand, emotional artificial intelligence advances rapidly and gets better every day. The ability of machines to recognize qualities such as sexual orientation, political inclination or even IQ, by examining face images, does not belong anymore to the space of science fiction.
Give your Chatbot a personality:
A Chatbot’s personality not only humanizes the overall experience but also offers a great opportunity to establish a real connection with their audience. Chatbot’s personality should be specifically designed for the target customers and it is part of your brand equity.
Chatbot personality plays an important role when it comes to customer engagement. Getting to know the Chatbot better, what the Chatbot will say next, makes customers to keep chatting, often far beyond the objective has been reached. But on top of that, if you manage to create a Chatbot “wired“ with your customers, they will not forget him!
Smalltalk yes, but wisely
A Chatbot able to understand and properly reply to Smalltalk definitively feels more human. However, make sure to bring your customer back to the original flow in order to fulfill the original objective. A best-in-class Chatbot solves the problem that customers need to address and delivers a great user experience.
Take special care of Smalltalk queries by customers. Simple casual sentences such as „Fantastic!“, „How are you doing today?“ etc. deserve well-thought responses, helping to shape your Chatbot personality.
we are working on an interesting IoT project in Germany, focused on residential apartment buildings. To expand our connectivity offering, we are building a parter ecosystem and therefore looking for innovative solutions / partners around smart buildings or smart cities which might be applicable for smart residential buildings.
If anyone knows interesting solutions for smart residential / apartment buildings, I would be happy to get an introduction / some advice.
DescriptionOur client, a global management consulting firm, is looking for a Management Consultant with an extensive experience in the telecom industry to join their project in Saudi Arabia.
Travels in the Middle East region are required.
Immediate start to be expected.
- Experience working in recognized Management Consultancies (6+ years)
- Experience in business unit strategy, operations transformation, digital transformation and due diligence
- Extensive telecom experience
- MBA is preferred
DescriptionFür einen Kunden im Raum Stuttgart suchen wir einen erfahrenen PMO (m/w) Schwerpunkt Budget-Kostenmanagement
- Unterstützung des Fachbereichsleiters bei der Erstellung von Präsentationen für Management-Gremien, Vertriebsveranstaltungen, etc.
- Inhaltliche Unterstützung bei strategischen Projekten
- Inhaltliche Mitarbeit im „Innovation Lab“
- Mehrjährige Erfahrung als PMO
- Mehrjährige Erfahrung in der Kosten-/Budgetplanung
- Sehr ausgeprägtes selbstständiges und eigenverantwortliches Arbeiten
- Ausgeprägtes Zahlenverständnis
- Hervorragende Kenntnisse in Powerpoint & Aufbereitung von Management Präsentationen
- Erfahrung in der Zusammenarbeit in interdisziplinären Projektteams
- Erfahrung im Versicherungsumfeld von Vorteil, Best case im Bereich der Vorsorge
How Amazon is Mastering the Retail Industry
It should be no news to any that Amazon is expected to report significant growth on their Q4 report. According to FactSet, Amazon.com Accounts for Over 50% of Expected Earnings Growth for S&P 500 Retailers in Q4:
Amazon.com is expected to report the highest earnings growth and is expected to be the largest contributor to earnings growth for the Retailing Industry Group and Food & Staples Retailing Industry Group combined. If Amazon.com were excluded, the estimated earnings growth for Q4 for these two retail industry groups would fall to 6.8% from 15.0. Thus, Amazon.com alone accounts for more than half of the projected earnings growth for all S&P 500
retailers for the fourth quarter.
Amazon has a unique business model that stands out from the rest and it's seemingly winning the game against the competition. How do they do it? Let's dive into how Amazon is mastering retail.
Mastering the Retail Industry
In a previous post, we mentioned that Amazon was doing things differently to impact Customer Experience and some of those things included:
- Personalization and knowing each customer is different and so are their needs
- Constant innovation
- Fast and reliable delivery
- Trustable return and refunds policy
Amazon Prime is Unique
Amazon Prime is one of the biggest examples of innovation in the retail industry. Not only are they offering an all-in-one fast delivery service that in bigger cities even includes delivery in a couple of hours, and they're also providing streaming services and giving access to other content such as ebooks and music.
Amazon Makes Customers Happy
Amazon ranked as the top brand in the US by YouGov BrandIndex surpassing Netflix and Apple and 95% of Prime members say they would “definitely” or “probably” renew their memberships. This achievement comes from a mix of things but mainly from the many benefits and for Amazon actually delivering on their promises.
Amazon's success can't be attributed to only one thing but rather a combination of innovation, trust, and benefits. To finish, here's an infographic by WCMarketplace, that depicts the many characteristics that have made Amazon what it is.
DescriptionFür unseren Kunden, ein Medienunternehmen, suchen wir ab sofort einen Sales & Marketing - Product Manager (Insurance).
Das Aufgabenspektrum umfasst u. a.:
- operative und taktische Planung und Weiterentwicklung des online Versicherungsbereichs
- Bewertung von Projektideen hinsichtlich Machbarkeit und Erstellung von Handlungsempfehlungen
- Konzeptionierung von Projekten inkl. enger Abstimmung mit UX und Development
- Umsetzung von Projekten unter Qualitätsvorgaben in Abstimmung mit den zuständigen Produktmanagern
- Steuerung der Schnittstellen insbesondere zu den Produktverantwortlichen im Insurancebereich sowie zur IT & externen Dienstleistern
- Projektcontrolling - Entwicklung von Innovationen resultierend aus regelmäßigem Benchmarking und Marktanalysen
- Verantwortung für die Optimierung der Usability und Erhöhung der Kundenbindung
- Erfahrungen/Kenntnisse im IT-/Informatik-Bereich und/oder Online Marketing
- Erfahrungen/Kenntnisse im E-Commerce und idealerweise Versicherungsvertrieb via Internet
- analytisches Denkvermögen
- sehr gute PC-Kenntnisse mit gängigen Office-Programmen
- sehr gute Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
- Erfahrungen und Kenntnisse in agilen Entwicklungsprojekten
We have increased our effectiveness by adding specialist contractors to support our teams, getting the job done and beefing up our skills.
Outvise has provided me with a range of relevant opportunities in my field and treated my placement with dedication and confidentiality. They were thorough and efficient and kept me fully informed at all stages of the process. I greatly appreciate the work they did.
Hiring the right specialist was the most cost effective way to set up a new functional design and change management methodology while coaching our teams at the same time.