This opportunity has been closed.
The position is no longer available. We will continue to work to offer you better suited opportunities.
Our client, a telecom provider with operations across Africa and the Middle East, has defined a strategy for its DC assets across 7 markets.
We require a Virtualisation and Data Center architect to remotely support in the strategy rollout and negotiations with vendors and partners. In this exercise, the expert will be required to collaborate with the Client team by assessing the operational implications of the different strategic options, reviewing the proposed business cases for the defined strategies and supporting in vendor or partner negotiations. More specifically:
- Assess current status of assets and potential market demand
- Review asset capabilities and fit within desired DC Tier and future forecast based on available audit data
- Review existing DC operations to identify suitability and possible gaps
- Map current market demand and competitive landscape in top 7 markets
- Review strategic options and operational implications for the different assets based on each market situation (per asset)
- Assess options to build, outsource or virtualise and its impact on operations and financials.
- Validate based on benchmarks and market knowledge key assumptions
- Provide guidance in business cases and asset valuation
- Review business plan estimated infrastructure costs and operating model costs for the different options
- Review business plan CAPEX implications
- Assess costs of DC evolution, upgrades and decommissioning if needed
- Support RFP process with potential vendors or partners
- Support the definition of the RFPs
- Ensure that hey aspects of the operating models are covered in RFPs
- Support in vendor evaluation process
- Technology consultant or DataCentre Architect
- Strong knowledge of datacenter operations
- Strong knowledge of datacenter lifetime managememt
- Experience in RFP and vendor management
- Experience in DC outsourcing and virtualisation
- Strong view on infrastructure business financial implications
Get a quick view of our unique benefits