DescriptionOur client, a telecom provider with operations across Africa and the Middle East is looking for a Senior Manager: Platform Architecture
The responsibilities of the role:
- Maintain and develop a three-year Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud and Unified Communication Platform Architecture and Services roadmap.
- Deploy platforms in line with the architectural blue prints and enterprise business plan.
- Evaluate IoT applications and Cloud Services in different vertical sectors and Cloud segments and determine applicability.
- Develop relationships with strategic ICT vendors.
- Responsible for developing in-depth business cases to support technical recommendations.
- Define architecture and standards for complex global platform infrastructures.
- Drive continual improvement in processes, cost effectiveness.
- Drive identification, assessment and communication of next generation platform trends and conduct research in terms of best practice platform technology and trends.
- Guide the operating companies on Platform and Services Architecture to align with the group strategy.
- Ensure and drive strong integration with all relevant Technology and business stakeholders to enable the highest quality platform architecture requirements.
- Define and maintain the technical architecture associated with the underlying platform infrastructure and integration to back-end systems.
- Set up application onboarding criteria for any GEBU vertical application partners and align application partners with the companys requirements whilst ensuring the companys requirements are incorporated
- Minimum 5 years with Managerial level experience
- Minimum 3 years Platform Architecture experience managing multiple large scale (e.g. enterprise- wide) projects
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience working in a medium to large organisation
- Fluent in english
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary degree
- MBA or Masters advantageous
- Relevant Platform Architecture certification
Get a quick view of our unique benefits